Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I want to know what the love is :)


'I want to know what the love is'... this song gives me goosebumps as I watching The Voice last few weeks hehe Jamar Rogers and Jamie Lono sang the song on the voice battle round for team CeeLo! 


This is truly beautiful 80’s ballad song...  recorded by rock band Foreigner. The song hit 1st ranking in the UK single chart and U.S. Billboard Hot 100 on 1985. That is 'wow' right? Hehe


Actually, there are 3 most known versions of the song besides Foreigner. They are Tina Arena and Mariah Carey! Some people said the original by Foreigner is so much better and the others appreciate the soul Mariah adds to the song. Well for me all three versions are great! 

I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older

Now this mountain I must climb
Feels like a world upon my shoulders
I through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

 c/o : I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me

I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
I can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

 I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
And I wanna feel, I want to feel what love is
And I know, I know you can show me

Let's talk about love
I wanna know what love is, the love that you feel inside
I want you to show me, and I'm feeling so much love
I wanna feel what love is, no, you just cannot hide
I know you can show me, yeah

I wanna know what love is, let's talk about love
I want you to show me, I wanna feel it too
I wanna feel what love is, I want to feel it too
And I know and I know, I know you can show me
Show me love is real, yeah
I wanna know what love is...




p.s: this song is beautifully written :)


19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the share...rietta xpernah thu lgu nie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is a person you think about when you listen to a song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! I was in the US studying when it became a hit..1983-1988. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henrittajose,
    pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whitecappucino,
    oh that's COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. please show your love. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. best kannn kannn kannn?hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. mariah carey. lagu dia semua tertulis indah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwh lagu ni sedap! Igt lg dulu selalu nyanyi lagu ni masa mandi. Sambil tu buat lenggok2 suara Mariah Carey, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. mr.clive,
    harusss laa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ainraus,
    :)

    Ninaaaa,
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *terus amik earphone mo dgr*

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1st time dengar.ekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  14. kf,
    soooo.. best x? :)

    hazfee,
    gooood :D

    ReplyDelete